» Future Notification Only - Opening Day Partners and its Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Role Title: Marketing Manager
General Role Description: The Marketing Manager's primary responsibility is to meetand exceed ticket budget goals for York Revolution game events through marketing efforts determined by the Director of Marketing, Assistant General Manager-Operations and the President/General Manager. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a professional sports organization in marketing and/or ticket sales; is an energetic and focused person who takes pride in seeing a full stadium; is a self-starter with an interest in maximizing individual ticket sales using inventive and fun promotional techniques in addition to learning and employing new technology and digital techniques; and is a good collaborator who enjoys working as part of a team to develop and execute great promotional and ticket-sales ideas. The Marketing Manager will execute our message across a variety of forums as noted below. Above average writing skills are also a necessity for the production of the program. The position requires creativity, a sense of fun in what we do in minor league baseball, and the capacity to work long hours under stress during the season.
The York Revolution is currently in its 8th season playing at Santander Stadium in the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball. The Revolution is an equal opportunity employer.
Key Role Accountabilities:
· Primary goal is to increase ticket sales from current levels for all Revolution and non-game events held at Santander Stadium.
· Manages intern, Video Director and all game day staff in this department. Creates schedules and manages Green Team, Camera ops, mascot, announcers and all other miscellaneous press box personnel. Both the Marketing Manager and Director of Marketing responsible for execution of sponsored promotions and overall quality of the production, with the Marketing Manager responsible for direct management.
· Executes external marketing plan for Revolution and non-game events as determined by President/GM, AGM-Operations, VP of Business Development, and Director of Marketing. This includes contracting with external media outlets such as radio, newspaper, digital, billboard and television, producing artwork, and scheduling ad buys in the above media.
· Executes internal marketing plan consisting of PA messages, video slides, posters, banners and bathroom flyers.
· Responsible for executing social media marketing as determined mutually by the Revolution management, including content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the like.
· Executes sponsored promotions for Revolution, including planning the promotion and purchasing or constructing the necessary props.
· Executes the promotional calendar established by Director of Marketing, Marketing Manager, Pres/GM, AGM and Sales Department.
· Must have working knowledge of all equipment and software in the Production Room, and be able to operate as Video Director as needed.
· Responsible for day to day execution of ticket sale promotions for Revolution game events.
· Executes all community relations tasks, including scheduling and staffing of appearances, speaking engagements, and mascot or player requests. Fulfills all donation requests and responsible for procuring materials for donation requests.
· Executes print production including marketing related materials. Managers playbill production and editing in coordination with Multimedia Manager and Graphic Design Manager. Director of Marketing will be executive editor of the publication.
· Accountable for ticket sales results for small ticket plans and individual game purchases. Accountable for in-house attendance meeting budgeted goals.
· Meets budget expectations for promotional expenses as determined by Revolution management.
Requirements of All Associates
• Applies best efforts and full capability each day to the work assigned by own manager.
• Advises manager when:
o An assignment is not understood.
o An assignment conflicts with knowledge of the circumstances, current skills or available time/resources.
o Obstacles to completing the assignment exist or are likely to occur.
o Opportunities to better complete or improve the assignment exist or may occur.
• Understands and demonstrates our cultural expectations.
• Assists with operational or non-department related tasks as requested by manager.
• Continues to build on knowledge of the business and industry.
• Assist with the field tarp as required by the AGM-Operations.
• Other related duties as required.
Minimum Role Requirements
• College degree and at least one year experience in marketing, preferably in sports, events or advertising.
• A minimum 40 hour week and 8 hour Monday-Friday work schedule is required of all full time employees during the off-season. This schedule will include some weekend hours for special events as determined by the AGM – Operations or the President/General Manager.
• Work hours during the baseball season will exceed 60 hours per week and 12+ hours per day on game days including evenings and weekends. The baseball season work schedule may also include 7 or more consecutive work days.
• Physical Demands will require the employee to stand, walk, sit, use hands, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities of the job include close vision, distance and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is normally exposed to normal indoor air-conditioned temperatures as well as exposure to the sun. The noise level in the work environment is usually low where hearing protection is not necessary based on OSHA requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have experience in sports or marketing?
1. Do you have experience in sports or marketing?
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ