» Future Notification Only - Opening Day Partners and its Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
The York Revolution is locally owned and operated by High Five Baseball, LLC, and is a sister team to the Opening Day Partners, LLC (ODP) organizations. High Five Baseball, LLC solely owns and operates the York Revolution. ODP has owned and operated many successful minor league baseball clubs over the past 20+ years including the Hagerstown Suns, Bowie Baysox, Frederick Keys and Delmarva Shorebirds.
ODP currently owns and operates highly successful minor league teams in Lancaster, PA (Lancaster Barnstormers), Camden, NJ (Camden Riversharks), Waldorf, MD (Southern Maryland BlueCrabs), and Sugar Land, TX (Sugar Land Skeeters). While Sugar Land, York and Lancaster are among the top drawing independent teams in the country, all five teams are successful franchises, with the combined attendance of the five teams at over 1.4 million fans for the 2013 season.
High Five Baseball, LLC strives to provide the York County community with affordable family entertainment, not just during the baseball season, but all year round. The Sovereign Bank Stadium Complex is a multi-purpose entertainment complex that is open year-round for events such as concerts, trade shows, holiday parties, non-profit fundraisers, youth athletic league championships, and much more!
High Five Baseball and ODP are highly respected throughout the professional sports landscape, known to operate with the utmost professionalism, yet still provide a fun work atmosphere. We have a strong track record of promoting from within and many of the key front office and management positions in our organization are held by individuals who started as an intern or entry-level employee.
We are in search of highly competitive, highly motivated individuals who have a clear commitment to a career in sports and entertainment venue marketing and management.
The position of Account Executive has primary responsibility in conducting sponsorship and group ticket sales. The Revolution are looking for highly motivated professionals who are looking for an opportunity to work in the exciting sports industry. Listed below are the core responsibilities as well as the characteristics of an ideal candidate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for generating and developing new business through leads, name collection activities, cold calls, networking events, speaking engagements, etc.
• Prepares and presents proposals or contractual agreements to potential advertisers and core customers (those interested in tickets).
• Works in conjunction with VP-Business Development, Director of Sales and Client Services in coordinating group events to returning and new clients.
• Keep accurate sales files, customer services files, call reports, appointment schedule reports, prospects reports, etc. Maintain weekly communication on all activity reports.
• Works closely with VP-Business Development and Director of Sales to achieve cross departmental revenue generation goals.
• Works with Client Services in the servicing of sponsorship accounts and sponsored theme nights.
• Manages expense budgets related to sales activities.
• Manages revenue budgets to ensure appropriate allocation of sponsorship and ticket revenue.
• Researches and writes business action plans to support new business directions (theme nights, sponsored events etc…).
• Is expected to make a minimum of 50 outbound phone calls per day to potential core customers
• Liaises with Client Services on sponsored programs -- departments to include game presentation, community relations, ticketing.
• Other related duties as required.
• Ideal candidates will have at least 1-2 years of ticket sales and/or sponsorship or related sales experience.
• Strong relationship with existing advertising agency and client relationships are a plus.
• Excellent people skills, with the ability to interact effectively and in a professional, diplomatic, and mature manner with VIP's as well as internal and external clients at all levels are a must.
• High level of initiative and inner drive are preferred.
• Candidate must have excellent problem solving skills as well as excellent communication and presentation skills.
• The ability to generate new and creative sales ideas is needed.
• Candidates must be able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment.
• Computer literacy is preferred.
• The selected candidate must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
• Knowledge of the advertising business.
• A degree or diploma in sports marketing or related field.
• Proficiency in MSWord, MSExcel and MSPowerPoint.
• Social media savvy.
• Knowledge and passion of the sport.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have at least 1 year of sports sales experience (tickets/sponsorship)? 2. Do you have experience in a professional sports environment?
1. Do you have at least 1 year of sports sales experience (tickets/sponsorship)?
2. Do you have experience in a professional sports environment?
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ